Installments without card
Mercado Credits is Mercado Pago’s financing method that allows paying in installments without having a card.
With this line of credit, administered by Mercado Pago, the payment is credited in full to the seller's account, while the customer can choose to pay in up to 12 fixed monthly installments, no card needed. The user just has to enter their Mercado Pago account (or create one), determine their available limit, and choose how many installments they want to pay in.
Mercado Credits is currently offered in our Checkout Pro, and now it is also possible to access directly from the store checkout. If you haven't set up Checkout Pro yet, you must access the Configure payments with Checkout Pro section.
If you want to show Mercado Credits in your store's checkout, follow the steps below.
Configure the payment method in your store's checkout
- On the Installments without card button, click on Settings.
- Search for Activate installments without a card in your store checkout and click on the slider button to enable this payment method. You must check its status going from inactive to active.
- In the Title in the checkout field, you can choose the name with which this payment method will be displayed in the store. We recommend using "Up to 12 installments without a card with Mercado Pago".
- To inform your clients of this new payment method in each product web page, you must search for the Inform your customers about the option of paying in installments without a card, and click on the slider button that will enable this component.
- Click the Save all changes button to finish with your configuration.